Saturday, June 20, 2009

Damn I Can't Even Find My Car

THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Dutch police have arrested twin brothers on suspicion of robbery after their alleged victim spotted a picture of them following him on Google's Street View map application, a spokesman said Friday.

Paul Heidanus, a police spokesman in the town of Groningen, said he believed it was the first time Street View images had been used in a Dutch criminal investigation.

"For us, it is unique," he said.
A 14-year-old boy told police last September he had been robbed of euro165 ($230) and his cell phone after two men dragged him off his bicycle in Groningen,110 miles northeast of the capital, Amsterdam.

The victim called again in March after seeing an image of himself and two men he believed were his attackers on Street View, police said in a statement.


Talk about a break. Obviously he'll never get his stuff back, but I know what it feels like to be robbed, and just bringing these twerps to justice will bring some satisfaction.I've looked all over google earth trying to find myself, no luck. How about you? Maybe I can get some help from you guys. If you've seen yourself or have any cool Google earth street view photos send them to me at nedfosdick@gmail.com , and if I get enough I'll put them up.

Story courtesy of MSNBC.